This course is designed to reduce the learning curve, and enable jewellers to use RhinoGOLD software to quickly design in 3D, produce high-quality renderings, and create pieces which can be cast in precious metals such as gold or platinum. Attendees should be comfortable in the MS-Windows Environment. Any previous experience in 2D or 3D CAD is helpful, but not necessary as this class is tailored for beginners.
How much does the course cost?
COST: $790 inc.gst (min 4 / max 8 people)
So what exactly will I learn over the 2-days training?
- What is RhinoGold?
- Introduction to the RhinoGold 5.0 Interface
- Basic commands in Rhinogold – my first model
- Ring Wizard Tutorial – 3 x basic wedders
- Ring Wizard Tutorial – Wave ring
- Ring Wizard Tutorial – Textured ring
- Bezel Studio/Builder – Bezel set ring
- Head (Claw) Studio/Builder – Eternity ring
- Channel studio Tutorial – Channel set ring
- Channel studio Tutorial – Half channel ring
- Cutter Studio
- STL Wizard (create a 3D print of your jewellery)
- Signet Ring with initials
- Text on a ring
Channel set ring 1
Channel Set ring 2
- Prong Builder Wizard
- Dynamic Polar Array
- Tutorial – channel on bezel ring
- Halo Studio
- Cluster Studio
- Dynamic Profile
- Automatic Pave / Dynamic Pave
- Rendering your designs in 3D
- Report List
- Clayoo – organic ring exercise
- Clayoo – aeroplane pendant exercise
See what our students have said
Just sending you a big thank you for the weekends classes. It was everything I was hoping for and more. I started doing the workbook last night and that’s been put together really well and easy to follow. Thank you againTim (from Melbourne)
About your Trainer
Rik Juod has been teaching Rhino 3D CAD software to jewellery students since 2005. Over that period he has trained hundreds of students; from teenagers through to bench jewellers in their 60’s. He is also a jewellery designer, and partner at smug designs, a contemporary jewellery design firm based in Sydney, Australia.